Passwords- our world revolves around them! Our phones, our bank accounts, our social media accounts, our email accounts- passwords are the reason we are able to access much of our personal and professional information! Yet do we pay close attention to the passwords we choose? Do we concentrate when creating and changing passwords and make sure that they are difficult to decipher for others?
As the digital revolution reaches great heights, much of our lives are accessible to us via passwords. Our offline world is dependent on our online presence, and key to this online presence are “Passwords”. With online accounts – be it banking, email, websites or social media – are also getting exceedingly vulnerable to hacking and cyber crime. Thus, it becomes even more relevant, to discuss how to remain safe online.
We did some brainstorming with our team and came up with a few tips on how to set a strong password
1. Use different passwords for different accounts – this way, even if one account gets hacked, the others remain secure.
2. Use a mixture of letters, numbers and symbols in your password.
3. Don’t use your personal information as part of your password – for example, avoid your name, date of birth, your dog’s name, address and all such details.
4. Change your password regularly.
5. Use password manager to help you keep track of all your passwords
While brainstorming, we realized that this is a pertinent issue, which could do well with some inputs from across the country and globe!
CSR’s first campaign for 2017, #PasswordKyaHai, aims to crowdsource your inputs towards generating awareness regarding creating strong passwords. We are seeking your ideas, pictures, videos, posters, poems, blogs on the issue of safe passwords. We are of the strong belief that passwords need to be chosen carefully, and would love to have your inputs regarding this!
Discuss this article on Facebook